Monday, October 14, 2013

A Little Snacky Snack

Alright, so one thing people ask me a lot (This makes me sounds like an expert, right? That people ask me stuff? Sweet.) is, what do you eat for snacks? Well, that's a great question. I try not to snack in general. The idea that I need to eat 6 small meals a day or be constantly snacking to keep my metabolism going isn't how I roll. In fact, I'd love for you to take some time and read up on Intermittent Fasting here. IF has been a huge part of my health journey and I love it! It works for me but it's not for everyone. Usually my day looks like this:

8am COFFEE!
12-1pm Lunch
3-4pm Snack (if it's a training day)
8pm Dinner



Today's a training day and I had an awesome snack! And the best part is, that it involves a recipe you already know and love, Paleo Granola! Woohoo! Last weekend, I made a couple batches- Apple Raspberry and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip. Yeah, they're awesome. Super awesome. Today I microwaved a sweet potato, threw a couple tablespoons of Kerrygold buttah in and mixed it up. I then had the brilliant idea to top it off with some of my Apple Raspberry Granola and Coconut Milk. You guys. It's the bomb. Please try it!

PS If you've never tried coconut milk from a can, (the canned version doesn't have all the extra preservative junk in it like the version in a carton) the fat separates. So, at the top there is a solid 1/2 inch (more or less) of coconut fat. Don't be alarmed. It's not bad. Just stir it up. It is thick and creamy and all the chunks won't stir smooth but that's okay. I've read that if you heat it, it's easier to stir together but I haven't tried that yet. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment